Graphic Design Services
For businesses in and around Lidcombe, New South Wales
If you aren't comfortable with graphic design, don't worry, there are lots of graphic designers out there to help you! This guide can help you select a graphic design service that is right for you and your business.
Your top criteria for selecting a graphic design service should be the practical ones:
- What exactly do you need done? There is a pretty big difference between hiring someone for a simple logo design and choosing a graphic designer to create your next marketing campaign.
- Know your project budget and stick to it. Your finances can be the biggest limitation in your search for a graphic design service. Don't be afraid to ask for more than one estimate on your project, or an isolated part of your project.
- Set a timeline and deadlines for your project. You may be limited to graphic designers who are available to start immediately if you are on a tight schedule.
Graphic design isn't just about creating a pretty picture. Your designer should understand marketing and be able to explain how the headline, wording and images speak to viewers, and what response you can expect.
- An independent designer may be just starting out, or may be working as a freelancer after years with an established firm. Graphic designers aren't licensed or certified, so anyone (regardless of experience) can call themselves a graphic designer. Don't be afraid to ask your potential graphic designers questions about their training and experience or for testimonials or references.
- Some people are born with it; some people learn it. Find a graphic designer who creates pieces that you like and ask to see a portfolio and/or talk to other clients. The right talent can be more important than years of experience.
- Your graphic designer should know the ins and outs of the design industry, and be familiar with basic customs and procedures.
- A graphic designer who is overbooked with clients may not be able to spend enough time with you and your project so make sure your timescale can be met before hiring or agree a Service Level Agreement in advance.
- Finding a graphic designer who is interested in your company and your project means you'll have enthusiasm in your corner.
- Size of the graphic design firm doesn't always make a difference... but if you are looking for a wide range of services, you may have better luck with one large company, rather than a single freelancer. And, there's something to be said for teamwork -- several people working together on your project may come up with something that one person alone might not.
- Not just in the artwork but all over. Is your potential graphic designer on
time for your appointment? Is he or she neatly dressed, clean, and articulate? First impressions certainly count.
One Last Thing
After you've chosen a graphic design service, trust them. Chances are, you're hiring a graphic design pro because it isn't your area of expertise. Trust your graphic designer to do their work and you can concentrate on yours. This doesn't mean you have to just take what they give you and not have any input however! It does mean though that your designer is making certain choices based on knowledge and experience so, ask questions and offer input, but know that certain things that "look good" to you may not be the best design or marketing choice.
We’ll deliver your order on time and exactly as needed or we’ll
re-do your order for free
E Lee Lawyers approached Advance Printing and Signs to print new business cards, client brochures, flyers and office signage that not only represented the brand but would generate enquiries.