Direct mail is a great way to get your product, message, or services in front of a large audience without spending a ton of money.
Essential Elements For Your Direct Mail Services
Compared to a full blown advertising campaign, direct mail services are extremely affordable. But the advantages of direct mail go beyond the cost — direct mail campaigns are easy to track and measure so you know exactly what works and what doesn’t.
Here are some questions to ask yourself before you get started:
- Who are you mailing to? Are you trying to bring back existing customers, or are you trying to generate new leads and orders? Do you have a mailing list already, or will you need to buy one?
- What are you offering? Without an incentive — like a discount, special offer, or freebie — your readers will not feel a sense of urgency about responding.
- What do you want to get out of the direct mail piece? Are you looking to schedule appointments, make sales, or introduce a new product?
- Who is going to do the creative work? Will you write your own copy or hire a professional? Will you design the piece, or ask your printing professional for help?
Once you’ve answered these questions, you are ready to get started.
Your mailing list can make or break the success of your direct mail campaign. You can quickly and easily start a mailing list from previous customers, but if you want to attract new customers, you have a little more work to do. You can always ask existing customers to refer a friend — offer an incentive like a discount on future purchases or services for each person a customer refers.
Your other option is to purchase a mailing list. Be choosy with your mailing list purchase; look for names that match your ideal buyer. Don’t just buy the cheapest list, or you could be pointing your direct mail piece at people with no interest in your product at all. The more directly you can target people who are likely to buy from your business, the better chance your direct mailing has of turning into a sale!
The right mailing list is just part of the success equation. Next you need to work on your message. If you want people to respond to your direct mail piece, you can’t just send out a sales pitch. Your direct mail message needs two things:
- A call to action. The call to action tells your readers exactly what you want them to do. Call today! Reserve your space by November 15th. Don’t assume people will act just because you have a great product or amazing service to offer.
- An incentive. This gives your readers an extra reason to respond. You might want to offer a discount or an add-on or a freebie to encourage readers to take up
your call to action. Call today and receive a free gift! Reserve your space by November I5th and get 25% off your next class.
These are just the basics. If you’re ready to take your direct mail pieces to the next level, please contact Advance Printing & Signs – Your Business Image Printing Specialists